Sunday 10th of May is Mother's Day and time to spoil Mum and thank Mum and mother figures in our lives for what they do.
This year on Mother's Day is also the annual Mother's Day Classic, a charity walk or run raising funds and awareness for Breast Cancer research. Walk or run up to 6km and show your support for this great cause. With over 150 events across the country there is sure to be an event near you.
1. The highest officially recorded number of children born to one mother is 69, to the first wife of Feodor Vassilyev (1707-1782) of Shuya, Russia. Between 1725 and 1765, in a total of 27 pregnancies, she gave birth to 16 pairs of twins, seven sets of triplets, and four sets of quadruplets! 67 of them survived infancy.
2. The youngest mother whose history is authenticated is Lina Medina, who delivered a 6_-pound boy by caesarean section in Lima, Peru in 1939, at an age of 5 years and 7 months. Incredible but true.
3. Eve is considered as the 'Mother of All the Living' in the Bible.
4. 24.8 is the median age of women when they give birth for the first time. The median age has risen nearly three years since 1970
5. In the vast majority of the world's languages, the word for "mother" begins with the letter M.
6. A mother giraffe often gives birth while standing, so the new born's first experience outside the womb is a 1.8-metre drop.
7. Bobbie McCaughey is the mother who holds the record for the most surviving children from a single birth. She gave birth to the first set of surviving septuplets - four boys and three girls -on November 19, 1997. The babies are named Kenneth, Nathaniel, Brandon, Joel, Kelsey, Natalie and Alexis.
MiniJumbuk would like to wish all Mums, Grans and inspirational mother figures a very Happy Mother's Day.