When it comes to a great night's sleep you can't beat wool. Frequently referred to as nature's miracle fibre, wool has many characteristics that make it a wonderful choice for bedding products. Wool is an extremely hard wearing and durable fibre and is very easy to care for.
MiniJumbuk prides itself on manufacturing quality Australian wool bedding products. Our products are easy to look after, and by following a few simple guidelines are guaranteed to last for many years. Here are some of our top tips for caring for your wool bedding products.
General wool care tips
- Before use, air your product for a couple of hours. It is not necessary to wash it before use.
- Wool loves fresh air and sunshine - nature's air freshener and deodoriser. Airing your quilt, pillow or mattress topper on a warm breezy day will minimise the need for regular laundering.
- A light spritz with water before airing will revitalise the wool. A few drops of eucalyptus or tea tree oil can be added to the water for extra freshness.
- MiniJumbuk products are designed for use with bed linen. Laundering your sheets regularly will protect your product and prolong its life.
- Before cleaning your product check the care label and always follow the instructions. Not all products are washable and some are not able to be dry cleaned.
- For washable items use a 40o C wool wash in a front loader or warm hand wash. MiniJumbuk recommend using an approved wool wash.
- Avoid top loading machines and do not use hot or cold water as these may damage the wool.
- When laundering larger sizes use a commercial machine to avoid over agitation and felting. Many dry cleaners offer a professional laundry service.
- When dry cleaning products, choose a reputable operator and ensure they follow the care label instructions.
- With small spills or marks, spot cleaning may offer a fast and effective solution.