With only 24 hours in a day and so much to achieve, what is secret to getting it all done and still feeling fabulous at the end? At MiniJumbuk, we believe the answer is good quality sleep. While you may manage for a while, life without decent sleep is tough – just ask any new parent. If you are struggling to juggle all the balls in your life, maybe you simply need more sleep.
Are you getting enough sleep? MiniJumbuk has compiled a list of signs commonly experienced by those who would benefit from an extra night or two of deep, relaxing and uninterrupted sleep.
- Waking poorly - if you regularly wake with a sore throat, dry mouth, or headache an underlying medical cause may explain your poor sleep.
- Craving coffee – kickstarting your day with a jolt of caffeine maybe a good start but relying on coffee all day may be exacerbating the issue and preventing sleep later at night.
- Tired eyes – if you can see dark circles, red or puffy eyes and eye bags in the mirror - these are all clear indications of inadequate sleep.
- Food cravings – poor sleep affects the hunger hormones and causes you feel hungrier. It also increases the likelihood of poor food choices, and often sees you heading to the nearest takeaway outlet for a date with your favourite junk food.
- Forgetting stuff – insufficient sleep affects concentration and leads to poor memory recall. Ongoing sleepless nights influence your ability to perform at your peak each day.
- Lowered immunity – lack of sleep impacts the immune system lowering your body’s immunity and creating an open invitation for every passing bug.
- Irritability and moodiness – from children to adults, these are classic signs of tiredness. Even a couple of nights of interrupted sleep can result in you being stressed and grumpy.
Do you need more sleep? MiniJumbuk has been handcrafting Australia’s favourite wool bedding for nearly 50 years.
If you are looking for the best way to improve your sleep, try our Sleep Tips and Advice Blog for more.